Colder weather isn’t so bad when it means food this good. Whip up these Fall Apple Turkey Burgers for a meal that uses all of the delicious flavors of the season!
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large apple, I used honeycrisp
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- *optional* cheddar cheese slices
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
More sliced apple for topping!
- In a bowl, add turkey. Using a box grater, shred apple and onion into turkey meat.
- Add in garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and mix until well combined (I use my hands).
- Form into patties, I used about 1/2 cup of meat for each.
- Heat a large skillet with 2 tbsp avocado oil over medium heat, and once hot, add burgers.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip, then turn the heat to medium low. *if adding cheese, now is the time* Cover for the next 5 minutes so the inside cooks. Repeat until all burgers are cooked.
- While burgers are cooking, prepare the caramelized onions. In a separate pan, heat 2 tbsp avocado oil or butter.
- Once hot, add in sliced onions and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring every minute or so until caramelized. After about 5 minutes, reduce heat to low. The whole process will take 10-15 minutes.
- Assemble your burgers with slices of apples and caramelized onion on top.
Store in fridge for up to one week or freezer for 3 months.