- 2 yellow onions
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- salt + pepper to taste
- Slice onions very thinly. I cut mine in half and then sliced thinly, like a dome shape, but feel free to cut however big or small you want!
- Add 2 tbsp avocado oil to a large saucepan and turn on medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, add onions. Let saute about five minutes until just soft.
- Then add salt, thyme, and balsamic vinegar. Let saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until beginning to caramelize and soften.
- Add in garlic and Worcestershire and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and place in bowl to cool.
- Let onions completely cool, then add Greek yogurt in. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with chips, pita, or veggies!
- Store in fridge for up to three days.
Category: appetizer, dip, holiday, low fatMethod: no-bakeCuisine: AmericanDiet: Low Fat