- 3 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3–6 tbsp almond milk
- optional: 1/3 cup chocolate chips melted with 1 tsp coconut oil for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 3 6-inch cake pans. Alternatively use 2 8-inch pans.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and coconut oil. Add in maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined. Divide evenly among cake pans.
- Bake for 26-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While cakes are baking, use a handheld mixer to beat together butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. Add the powdered sugar slowly, cup by cup. Add almond milk as needed until frosting is fluffy.
- Let cakes cool ten minutes in pans then take them out and cool on wire rack.
- Once totally cool, frost cake. Add the optional chocolate drizzle.