- 2 cups gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill GF all purpose baking)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 overripe large bananas, mashed (or 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
MIDDLE CINNAMON LAYER
For the topping, mix half of above cinnamon sugar mixture with 1 cup finely chopped apples (I used one Gala + one Granny Smith).
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, add mashed bananas, honey, oil, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Whisk in two eggs.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet, stirring until completely combined.
- Pour half of batter into greased bread loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut sugar, coconut oil, and cinnamon with a fork.
- Sprinkle half of cinnamon sugar mixture on first half batter.
- Pour remaining half of batter on top.
- Add apples to cinnamon sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle apple cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Bake in 350F oven for 40-44 minutes – using a toothpick to test. I took mine out at 40 minutes and it was done.