A healthy apple cobbler recipe that is easy to make from scratch and will be the perfect fall dessert for holiday baking! Made gluten-free, with no refined sugar, and fresh juicy apples, just add some creamy vanilla ice cream on top and you’re set!
- 6 apples of choice (I used Honeycrisp)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a baking dish. I used an 11×8 pan.
- Peel, core, and slice your apples about 1/8 inch thick.
- Toss slices in mixing bowl with lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, and spices. Set aside while preparing crumble.
- In a food processor, pulse all crumble ingredients until blended but still small chunks.
- Pour apples into greased baking dish, including the liquid in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add dollops of cobbler mixture onto apples, evenly dispersing and covering as much of the top as possible.
- Bake for 45 minutes, covering top halfway through with aluminum foil if starting to brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Category: gluten-free, dessert
- Method: bake
Keywords: gluten free apple cobbler, apple cobbler, healthy fall desserts, healthy apple desserts, apple dessert