Healthy Apple Cobbler is easy to make from scratch and is the perfect for dessert! Made gluten-free and with no refined sugar, this dessert features fresh juicy apples and lots of naturally sweet flavor. Add a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream on top, and you’re set!
- 6 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thin (I used Honeycrisp)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a baking dish. I used an 11×8 pan.
- Peel, core, and slice your apples about 1/8 inch thick.
- Toss slices in mixing bowl with lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and arrowroot powder. Set aside while preparing crumble.
- In a bowl, mix together oats, almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Pour in maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Stir until well combined.
- Pour apples into greased baking dish, including the liquid in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add dollops of cobbler mixture onto apples, evenly dispersing and covering as much of the top as possible.
- Bake for 45 minutes, covering top halfway through with aluminum foil if starting to brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Category: gluten-free, dessert
- Method: bake
Keywords: gluten free apple cobbler, apple cobbler, healthy fall desserts, healthy apple desserts, apple dessert