Warm apples, rolled oats, whole wheat flour, nuts, and spices combine to make the perfect healthy fall dessert. This recipe is refined sugar free and can be made vegan. Ready in just under an hour, this healthy apple crisp is a must make for your holiday gatherings!
- 10 cups apples, cored, peeled (optional), and sliced. I used honeycrisp, but any will work
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp white whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray 9×11 baking dish with nonstick spray
- Mix together thinly sliced apples in a bowl with coconut sugar, cinnamon, and flour
- Pour into baking dish
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, flour, coconut sugar, walnuts/pecans, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Sprinkle crumble evenly on top of apple mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are bubbling.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: gluten-free, snack, dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy apple crisp, easy desserts, apple desserts, fall recipes, fall dessert recipes