Indulge in something a little sweet with these Healthy Apple Pie Bars. Made with an almond butter crumble, ripe honey crisp apples, and a delicious glaze, these bars are the perfect autumn-inspired treat!
Base + crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups peeled, cored, and diced small apple. I used honeycrisp.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
Powdered Sugar Glaze:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 8×8 pan with non stick spray or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until fully mixed.
- Press 2/3 of almond butter dough into bottom of pan until evenly spread. Set aside other 1/3 of dough.
- In a saucepan, heat lemon juice and coconut oil over medium heat. Whisk in arrowroot powder until there are no clumps.
- Whisk in maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then add in apples. Stir until coated.
- Let apples saute about 6-7 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Pour apples over almond butter base (unbaked). Crumble the remaining 1/3 dough to the top of the apple mixture.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes or until golden on top.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before placing in the fridge to cool for another hour. I recommend letting them sit in the fridge for 3-4 hours before cutting!
- Mix and top with optional glaze if desired.
- Store in fridge. Enjoy!
- Category: dessert, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple pie bars, apple pie, fall recipes, fall dessert