- 3 large chicken breasts, cut in half long way, pounded thin to half an inch thickness.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely crushed cracker crumbs or breadcrumbs (I used almond flour crackers pulverized in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 oz log of mozzarella, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Make sure your chicken is pounded thin to 1/2 inch thick.
- In one bowl, whisk eggs and in another bowl, pour cracker crumbs into it. To the bowl with crackers crumbs, add grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mix it up.
- Coat chicken in egg on both sides, then dip into cracker crumbs, coating both sides very well.
- Lay on baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then take out of oven, top each piece with about about 1/3 cup marinara, then a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5 more minutes, then broil for 3-4 minutes, keeping an eye on it so cheese doesn’t burn.
- Remove from oven and serve over pasta!
Category: dinner, lunch, gluten-freeMethod: bakeCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free