In the mood for a sweet snack that’s healthy but still delicious? Try these Healthy Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting! They’re perfectly rich and make a great dessert or mid-day snack. Ready in under an hour.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- splash vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8oz) blocks Neufchatel or reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin with cupcake liners. I always also spray my muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mash banana. Whisk in two eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined. Using a cookie scoop, scoop into muffin tin filling 2/3 the way. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, prepare cream cheese frosting. Using a hand mixer, blend together cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until creamy. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Frosting cupcakes once cake has fully cooled and frosting has firmed up slightly.
- Category: dessert, gluten-free
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana cupcakes, gluten-free cupcakes, banana dessert, gluten-free dessert