- 12 oz broccoli
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced into strips
- optional: rice to serve
- sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- In a large saute pan or dutch oven, add broccoli and water. Let broccoli steam about 4 minutes until slightly tender but still crisp.
- Remove broccoli and set aside in a bowl.
- Prepare sauce ingredients now but whisking all together in a bowl.
- To the dutch oven, add oil over high heat. Once warm, add onions and cook 2-3 minutes until softened slightly.
- Add in grated ginger, garlic, and sliced steak. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until outside of steak is no longer pink (inside will still be pink).
- Add broccoli back to dutch oven, and then pour the sauce on top of everything.
- Mix everything up and let cook over high heat for 4-6 minutes or until sauce has thickened. It should be bubbling. Continue to stir occasionally. Turn off heat and serve!
- If desired, serve over rice with sesame seeds.
Category: dinner, lunch, meal-prepMethod: stovetopCuisine: Asian