Nutritious and oh so delicious, this Healthy Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal hits the spot every time. It’s made with whole grain oats, maple syrup, and fresh carrots, and it’s completely refined-sugar free. Enjoy it for breakfast or even for dessert!
- 2 cups rolled oats (certified gluten free if necessary)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots, I used a cheese grater
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or other nut)
- Preheat oven to 375F and great an 8×8 casserole dish. If using a different size, adjust cook time.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add in the carrots and half of both the raisins and pecans.
- Add the wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and press down to make sure oats are soaked. Sprinkle on the rest of the raisins and pecans and press down lightly again.
- Bake, uncovered, for around 40-45 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Category: Dairy-free, breakfast, gluten-free
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: breakfast, oatmeal, gluten free, baked oats