Carrot cake in baked oatmeal form? Yes, please! A healthy and refined sugar free twist on a favorite breakfast dish! Made with whole grain oats, maple syrup, and fresh carrots, it can even be eaten for dessert!
- 2 cups rolled oats (certified gluten free if necessary)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots, I used a cheese grater
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or other nut)
- Preheat oven to 375F and great an 8×8 casserole dish. If using a different size, adjust cook time.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add in the carrots and half of both the raisins and pecans.
- Add the wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and press down to make sure oats are soaked. Sprinkle on the rest of the raisins and pecans and press down lightly again.
- Bake, uncovered, for around 40-45 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Category: Dairy-free, breakfast, gluten-free
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: breakfast, oatmeal, gluten free, baked oats