- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin – (can get year round in baking aisle of your grocery store!)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted.
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 2/3 cup raisins
- coconut + more walnuts for sprinkling
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 (8oz) blocks Neufchatel or reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Can also use this vegan cream cheese frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease two 8 inch cake pans. I also line the bottom with parchment paper cut into circle shape.
2. In a small bowl, mix almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
4. Add in pumpkin and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir well.
6. Stir in carrots, raisins, and walnuts and then divide the batter between the two pans.
7. Bake for 34-36 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cover halfway through with aluminum foil if getting dark.
8. While baking, prepare frosting. Using a hand mixer, blend together cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until creamy. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
9. Let cakes cool completely before frosting, the icing will melt into the cakes if not completely cool. You can frost it however you want and there will be enough if you want to cover the entire cake in frosting.
10. Top with extra walnuts and coconut.
*Notes for how to store the cake in post!
This will make a double layer cake with enough frosting for the whole cake and middle layer!