- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger paste/fresh ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (coconut aminos for GF)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, more for topping
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1 large head of butter lettuce
*peanuts, sriracha, green onion for topping*
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and saute until mostly cooked.
- Add in garlic and ginger for one minute, then add in ground chicken.
- Allow chicken to cook almost all the way through, and while chicken is cooking prepare sauce.
- In a bowl, whisk together sesame oil, sriracha, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and honey.
- Add in the sauce to the chicken and reduce heat to let simmer.
- Stir in diced green onion and water chestnuts and allow sauce to thicken.
- Once thickened (about 5 minutes), remove from heat.
- Wash and dry butter lettuce leaves.
- Add about 1/3 cup chicken mixture to each butter leaf and add toppings.
- Store remainder in fridge for up to five days.