- 2 tbsp ghee (or butter if not dairy-free)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced.
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 pounds white potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes (4–5 medium-large potatoes)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1.5 cups carrots, chopped
- 1.5 cups celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced into chunks (about 3 large breasts)
- 1 cup frozen peas
Biscuit (makes 6 small biscuits)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp melted ghee (butter if not dairy free)
- 1 egg
- To a large dutch oven, melt ghee over medium-high heat. Add onion once ghee is hot.
- Let onion cook for a few minutes, then add garlic. Stir it around for a minute, then add half of the potatoes and all of the stock.
- Lower heat and cook for 15 minutes with lid on.
- After 15 minutes, potatoes should be fork tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove all of the potatoes and add them to a high speed blender. It’s okay if the onion comes with it!
- Add coconut milk to the potatoes in the blender and blend until creamy. Let mixture sit.
- Meanwhile, add rest of potatoes, carrots, and celery to dutch oven. Add in salt, pepper, and all spices as well. Stir till combined. Put lid on and let cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add potato cream from blender to pot. Add in chunked chicken and frozen peas as well. Stir until well combined. Let simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Start making your biscuits by preheating the oven to 350F and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and ghee. Add to dry ingredients.
- Form into biscuit shapes and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- After soup has simmered for 10 minutes, turn off heat.
- Serve and enjoy!