- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (I’ve used almonds and walnuts)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 2 chocolate bars chopped
- optional: flake sea salt on top
- Preheat oven to 325F and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, nuts, coconut flakes, and salt.
- In a saucepan, heat coconut sugar, cocoa powder, maple syrup and coconut oil over medium heat. Let cook for 3-4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn off heat and add in vanilla.
- Pour saucepan mixture onto oat mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour onto baking sheet and press into flat sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes total.
- Once fully baked, top with chocolate chips immediately. Stick back in oven for 5 minutes until chips are melted. Stir granola, letting melted chocolate cover all of the granola.
- Let cool for one hour before breaking apart.
- Store in pantry for up to two weeks.
Category: snack, breakfastMethod: bakeCuisine: american