- 2 cans crab (each can weighing 6oz wet, 4.25 oz dry)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed crackers (or breadcrumbs) I used almond flour crackers and pulsed them in my food processor until fine.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil for cooking.
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs for poaching
- Avocado for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together all crab cake ingredients, crab through crackers, until very well combined. You should be able to form into patties.
- With about 1/3 cup mixture, form into patties.
- Heat large skillet on stove with oil. Once hot, place patties in and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Flip and do the same on the other side. Remove from heat once cooked.
- While cooking, prepare the hollandaise and poached eggs.
- Heat 2 inches of water in pan and once hot (not rapid boil), add glass bowl to top, creating a double boiler.
- Whisk together greek yogurt and egg yolks. Add in vinegar, dijon, honey, lemon juice, and salt and whisk often for 15 minutes. Turn off heat, mixture should thicken.
- Poach eggs, I followed these instructions.
- Assemble! Add poached eggs to top of crab cakes, then drizzle hollandaise sauce on top. Add avocado on side. Enjoy!