Healthy Hot Cocoa Cookies are like a cup of cozy hot chocolate in the form of little treats! They’re comforting and are gluten-free, flourless, and made with simple ingredients.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup runny almond butter, cold. (whole foods brand is great)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Mix together egg, coconut sugar, almond butter, and vanilla.
- Stir in cocoa powder and baking soda (gets thick here)
- Add in chocolate chips and mini marshmallows – they may not stick in the batter but just form them so extra marshmallows and chocolate chips are on top of the cookies, making them look ‘loaded’.
- **If your nut butter was warm, chill dough for 30 minutes so they do not spread.
- Roll into balls and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan.
- Category: gluten-free, holiday
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: hot cocoa cookies, healthy cookies, christmas cookies, hot chocolate cookies