This is the best easy recipe for healthy lemon poppy seed muffins with lemon glaze. Made with gluten free oat flour, Greek yogurt, maple syrup makes these bakery style muffins moist and fluffy!
- 2 1/4 cup oat flour (certified gluten free if needed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2% fat – muffins will be drier if you use fat free)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1.5 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Or you can also do a simple lemon glaze:
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with liners or spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add in maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Then add in yogurt.
- Fold in wet ingredients to dry until well combined, then stir in lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and bake in oven for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While baking, make glaze by whisking Greek yogurt, powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice together.
- Once muffins are completely cool, dip them in the glaze or drizzle on top.
- Store in fridge and enjoy in 5 days or freeze for later!
- Category: Breakfast, Gluten-free, snack
Keywords: lemon poppy seed, gluten free, muffins, breakfast, oat flour