- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup tahini (the best one)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut sugar, egg, vanilla, coconut oil, and tahini.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir till combined. Add some of chocolate, saving some for top.
- Let dough rest for a few minutes before scooping. The dough may be oily but that is okay.
- Scoop onto prepared cookie sheet and press chocolate into the top.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Let cool for 2 minutes before moving to wire rack to finish cooling.
Store on counter in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for longer