Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars work as a wonderful grab-and-go bite for desserts, snacks, or even breakfasts! They’re kid-approved and are made with healthy ingredients, making them the perfect option.
Base + crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, a drippy brand like Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup jelly (I used natural strawberry)
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts *
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 8×8 pan with non stick spray or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until fully mixed.
- Press 2/3 of peanut butter dough into bottom of pan until evenly spread.
- Add layer of jelly, then crumble the remaining dough on top, along with crushed peanuts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden on top.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before placing in the fridge to cool for another hour. I recommend letting them sit in the fridge for 3-4 hours before cutting!
- Store in fridge. Enjoy!
*photos omit peanuts in crumble topping but highly suggest adding them in!
- Category: dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter and jelly bars, gluten-free dessert, healthy dessert, healthy snacks, pb&j