These healthy peanut butter blossoms are a healthier take on the original cookie with a Hershey kiss in the middle, but these are made gluten free, vegan and without any refined sugar! They are made with almond flour, natural peanut butter, and maple syrup.
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter, a drippy brand like Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until fully mixed.
- Scoop out dough and roll into balls.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Use your finger or the back of a wooden spoon to press down centers after coming out of oven.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- In a microwave safe dish, add peanut butter, coconut oil and chocolate chips. Microwave in increments of 30 seconds until completely melted, stirring after each time.
- Once completely melted, stir in cocoa powder.
- Pour into ziplock bag (sandwich size or larger) and store in fridge for 20 minutes. You don’t want it to turn solid, but instead cool down and get thick enough to pipe onto cookies. You may need to chill it longer.
- Once cookies have COMPLETELY cooled, cut little piece off the corner of the ziplock baggie and pipe chocolate mixture into center in the shape of Hershey Kiss.
- Let set completely before storing.
- Store on counter in airtight container.
- Category: Dessert, vegan, gluten-free
Keywords: healthy cookies, healthy holiday recipes, cookie recipe, healthy cookies, gluten free, vegan