Healthy Chocolate Covered Quinoa Crisp Bars with peanut butter creaminess and made with only a few ingredients!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1–2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
Peanut butter filling
- 1 cup chocolate, melted with 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a food processor, blend rolled oats until very fine, flour consistency.
- Add in dates, peanut butter, and honey, and process until fully blended.
- Add in 1-2 Tbsp water as needed to get moving, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour into bowl and add in quinoa. Stir till fully combined.
- Flatten into brownie pan or bread pan depending on desired thickness. Place in freezer for 15 min.
- In a saucepan, combine peanut butter filling ingredients over low heat.
- Spread evenly over quinoa base. Freeze for at least 30 min.
- Cover with melted chocolate and put back in freezer.
- Store in freezer.
- Category: Dessert