- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1.5 lb chicken breasts, diced into small cubes
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup vodka
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 block Neufchâtel cream cheese (or regular) – room temperature.
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain, and set aside.
- In a large pan or dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook for 2 minutes. Then add chopped chicken. Let cook four minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add in tomatoes, vodka, and seasonings. Stir and let simmer over medium for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and parmesan cheese, and use a whisk to break it up. Let simmer another five minutes.
- Stir in pasta until completely coated. Enjoy!
Category: dinner, lunch, meal-prep, gluten-freeMethod: stovetopCuisine: Italian