Healthy and easy recipe for strawberry banana muffins! They are perfectly moist and fluffy, have no added sugar, and are made using fresh strawberries! They are the best whole wheat muffins!
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 overripe bananas, about 3/4 cup
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (cooled)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I recommend using one with at least 2% fat for more moisture)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup rolled oats – optional, but gives a nice chew.
- 1.5 cups fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare muffin tin with spray or liners.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Whisk in eggs, coconut oil, honey, yogurt, and vanilla until combined.
- Fold in flour mixture, then oats, careful not to over- mix.
- Fold in strawberries and only stir a few times.
- Use an ice cream scoop or measuring cup to scoop into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Category: breakfast, snack
Keywords: muffins, breakfast, snack, healthy muffins, strawberry banana