An easy recipe for healthy strawberry crisp, made with an oatmeal crumble topping that is the perfect summer dessert. It has no flour, is completely gluten free and vegan, and can be made in less than one hour.
- 5 heaping cups sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare skillet with nonstick spray (I used a well seasoned cast iron 10.25 inch)
- In a bowl, mix together sliced berries, powder, vanilla, lemon, and coconut sugar until completely coated.
- While berries sit, prepare crumble topping by mixing together oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, salt. and cinnamon.
- Add in almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla, and using fork or hand, mix well until can pinch together and it sticks.
- Pour berries into skillet and sprinkle crumble topping over top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let rest at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, and store remainder in fridge.
- Category: Dessert, vegan, gluten-free
Keywords: healthy dessert, strawberry crisp, gluten free, dairy free, strawberry