These healthy sweet potato muffins are gluten-free and so easy to make, plus they are made with simple ingredients like oatmeal and chocolate chips. An easy breakfast recipe that can be prepped ahead, too!
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (cooked by either roasting or steamed, then cooled)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups homemade oat flour (measured after grinding in blender)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: chocolate chips and chopped pecans – about 1 cup each.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with liners and nonstick spray.
- Make homemade oat flour by grinding oatmeal in a blender, measuring after blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed sweet potato, coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined.
- Pour into muffin tin and bake for about 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Category: gluten free, dairy free, nut free, breakfast
Keywords: sweet potato muffins, oat flour muffins, healthy sweet potato muffins, breakfast muffins