Enjoy the best of both worlds with Healthy Taco Pasta. Perfect for when you can’t decide, need something quick, or want a kid-friendly meal sure to fill bellies. Made with ground beef, select veggies, pasta, and more!
- 4 cups dry pasta (I used brown rice fusilli)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion, diced.
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 small red pepper, diced.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes (fire-roasted preferred)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 9×13 casserole dish.
- Cook your pasta according to package. Drain accordingly. Set aside.
- In a large pan or dutch oven over medium-high heat, add oil. Once hot, add onion and pepper.
- After a few minutes when onions and peppers begin to soften, add garlic.
- One minute later, add ground beef. Cook until no longer pink, then drain everything in fine mesh strainer.
- Add back to pan and turn on low heat.
- Add black beans, corn and taco seasoning. Stir to combine, then add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes over low heat, then stir in cooked pasta.
- Pour into casserole dish and top with cheddar cheese. Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 350.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Category: dinner, gluten-free, lunch
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one pot pasta, taco pasta, pasta bake, taco pasta bake, baked dinners, easy dinners, easy taco dinner