No matter the occasion, Healthy Vanilla Birthday Cake with Chocolate Frosting is a great choice. This delicious recipe uses almond flour, maple syrup, and coconut oil to create a unique and delicious flavor that everyone will love.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (or tapioca starch)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 (12oz) bag chocolate chips
- Make the frosting first. In a double boiler (a saucepan filled with water with a glass bowl on top filled with chocolate chips), melt your chocolate and coconut cream. The coconut cream is just the hard white part at the top of the can. Discard the remaining liquid or use in smoothies.
- Once melted completely, let bowl rest on counter for 15 minutes. Then place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 325F and grease 3 6-inch cake pans. You can most likely use two 8 inch, just cook for a little bit longer.
- In a large bowl, combine your almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined. Divide evenly amongst three cake pans.
- Bake uncovered for 28-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely. Meanwhile, take frosting out of fridge. If it is too hard to blend, let sit for 15 minutes at room temp. If it’s soft, whisk with hand mixer until fluffy. If you don’t have hand mixer, whisk well with a hand whisk.
- Ice completely cooled cake and top with sprinkles.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo birthday cake, gluten free birthday cake, healthy birthday cake, healthy dessert, birthday cake gluten free