Easy shredded Instant Pot BBQ Chicken is a healthy dinner or meal prep idea for your busy work week! This simple recipe uses boneless chicken breasts and your favorite BBQ sauce. Use the meat to put on sliders, sandwiches, salads, and potatoes!
- 3lbs chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 medium yellow onion diced very small – I used a cheese grater
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp paprika (I used smoked)
- 1.5 cups BBQ sauce, divided – I used Tessemaes.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to bottom of Instant Pot.
- In this order, add in chicken breasts, 1/3 cup stock, onion, garlic, paprika, and 1 cup BBQ sauce.
- Lock the lid and manual cook for 10 minutes. The IP will need to come to pressure before the timer starts.
- Once the timer goes off, natural release for 10 minutes and then quick release.
- Shred with two forks and let place back in IP and stir in other half cup of bbq sauce.
Can freeze for up to 3 months.
- Category: dinner, meal prep
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot bbq chicken, instant pot chicken, chicken, bbq chicken,