- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8×4 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add in lemon zest and lemon juice and beat until creamy.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture into wet mixture, beating slowly until all combined.
- Add almond milk and beat until creamy. Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Heat blueberries and water on stove or microwave until bursting. Press down on skins once burst. Either remove skins by running through sieve and keeping the juice, or leave them. Add blueberry mixture to a glass measuring cup with powdered sugar and mix. Add almond milk slowly until you reach desired consistency.
- Once cake has totally cooled, frost with glaze.
Category: breakfast, bread, snackMethod: ovenCuisine: American