For a gourmet-style meal right at home, try this Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole. It’s decked out with spices and lemon juice that create the perfect savory flavor. You’re going to love it!
- 4 medium raw chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- 1 large or 2 small spaghetti squash, cooked equaling 5 cups squash.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 5oz bag baby spinach
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk, just the top cream part. Discard remaining clear liquid at bottom.
- 1/4 cup capers
- 8 oz feta
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, about 1.5 large lemons juiced.
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- fresh parsley + lemon for garnish
- Cook spaghetti squash according to these instructions.
- Place chicken breasts on baking sheet with parchment paper. With 25 minutes left to spaghetti squash cook time, add chicken to oven.
- Remove chicken and spaghetti squash and let cool.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil. Add spinach, coconut milk (top hard white part), and diced tomatoes. Heat until coconut milk has melted and spinach has wilted slightly.
- When spaghetti squash is cool enough, use a fork to pull strands out. Put them in a bowl. Once they have sat in bowl for 10 minutes, squeeze with paper towels or dishtowel to remove all excess water.
- Add spinach mixture to spaghetti squash and mix.
- Add in capers, half of feta, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cut up chicken breasts in to small cubes and toss into spaghetti squash mixture. Everything should be all mixed together now!
- Place into 9×13 casserole dish and top with remaining feta. Add lemon slices on top for more flavor.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes and top with fresh parsley.
- Enjoy! Store in refrigerator for 5 days or freezer for 3 months.
- Category: dinner, lunch, gluten-free
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon chicken, lemon chicken casserole, healthy dinner, healthy casserole