- 2.5 cups AP white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15oz whole milk ricotta
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp lemon zest
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, blend together butter and sugar. Once combined, add eggs in one at a time. Then add ricotta, vanilla, almond extract, lemon juice and lemon zest. Blend until creamy.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and blend. Once all the flour mixture has been blended into the wet, refrigerate dough for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. On parchment lined baking sheets, use a small cookie scoop to scoop cookies onto tray. Only use about 1-2 tbsp of dough, or else cookies will grow too large and flatten too much.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies ‘bounce’ back when touched and edges are just ever so slightly golden.
- Let cool for at least 1 hour before icing. Meanwhile, mix together all glaze ingredients to get the icing prepared.
- Once cooled, either carefully dip or spoon glaze on top of cookies. Let cool before storing. Store at room temperature.
Category: holiday, cookie, christmasMethod: ovenCuisine: Italian