This Mexican quinoa casserole is made with ground turkey, quinoa, and black beans. It’s the perfect healthy weeknight meal to make for meal prep or to feed a crowd!
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1lb ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 cup water
- juice of one small lime
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese
- lime wedges, avocado, greek yogurt, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook your quinoa by bringing 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Cover with lid. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat, let sit for a few minutes and then fluff with work.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat olive oil in large sauce pan or dutch oven.
- Add diced onion and cook until just soft.
- Add in ground turkey and garlic, breaking up with spoon.
- Once turkey is all the way cooked through, reduce heat and add in tomatoes, beans and corn.
- Next, stir in all spices and water.
- Stir to combine, and then add in lime juice. Let simmer for 15 minutes on low.
- Turn off heat and stir in cooked quinoa.
- Pour turkey quinoa mixture into a baking dish (I used an 8×11 dish) and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F. Let cool a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Category: gluten-free, dinner, meal prep
- Method: oven
Keywords: quinoa casserole, mexican casserole, meal prep, healthy meal prep, mexican quinoa casserole