Easy and healthy one pan cabbage and potato skillet made with chicken sausage, sauteed potatoes, and pan fried cabbage. A healthy weeknight meal for busy families, and a great healthy Saint Patrick’s Day option, too!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ diced white onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb baby Yukon potatoes, chopped into ½ inch size
- 3 links chicken sausage, about 9 oz., sliced.
- 1 small head green cabbage, chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 jalapeno sliced for topping (optional)
- Heat a large pan with 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add 1 chopped onion and let fry for one minute.
- Add in 1 lb chopped potatoes and cook over medium heat, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Add in 2 tsp. garlic and 3 links of sliced chicken sausage.
- Let brown in pan, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add in chopped head of cabbage, 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar, and 1 tbsp olive oil to pan and stir.
- Cover pan with lid, stirring every 2 minutes for about 10 minutes or until cabbage has started to soften.
- Add in 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper and stir.
- Turn off heat after cabbage has softened and everything is combined.
- Category: dinner
Keywords: one pan, dinner, easy dinner, skillet