One Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Dinner is an easy and healthy one pot meal that is perfect for busy parents who need dinner on the table quick! This recipe uses a cast iron skillet to sear boneless chicken thighs and potatoes, covers everything with a delicious honey mustard sauce and then bake in the oven for an easy dish.
- 4 (6oz) chicken thighs (I used skinless, boneless)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2 inch size pieces
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (tamari if GF)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 oz green beans, washed and trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a cast iron skillet and once hot, sear chicken thighs over high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and add in diced potatoes to empty skillet (with chicken drippings).
- Allow potatoes to cook for 8-10 minutes or until browning on each side, stirring occasionally.
- While potatoes are cooking, whisk together garlic, mustard, honey, soy sauce, and olive oil in a large bowl. Split sauce in half, saving second half in a bowl for after cooking.
- Once potatoes are cooked, add chicken, potatoes, and green beans to the bowl with the sauce, tossing to coat evenly.
- Once coated, place everything back in skillet, pour all sauce into skillet, fitting everything in nicely.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or internal temperature of chicken reaches 160F.
- Pour rest of sauce over top.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
* My cast iron skillet was 10.25 inches but anything larger will also work.
- Category: dinner, entree
Keywords: chicken, one-pan, skillet, gluten free, dinner