Paleo Banana Bread Muffins are a healthy twist on the deliciously sweet classic. They’re made with no added sugar, no oil, and no dairy. Ingredients like almond flour, nut butter, and eggs create perfect, moist, fluffy muffins great for breakfast or snack time!
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large or 3 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with liners or grease.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together mashed banana, almond butter, eggs, and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, stir together almond flour, baking soda, and spices.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir till combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Fill muffin tins till about 3/4 full and add additional chocolate chips on top if desired.
7. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
8. Let cool on wire rack after ten minutes in tin. Store on counter or fridge, with a vented tent of aluminum foil so there is some air circulation*
* Make an aluminum foil tent for storing these. I put them in a tupperware without a lid and make a tent. It helps to allow air circulation and not trap moisture. Some paleo goods can get too wet when stored.
- Category: snack, breakfast
Keywords: muffins, paleo, banana bread, gluten-free, dairy-free