Paleo Double Chocolate Mint Cookies are a healthy alternative to the thin mint cookie, are made from wholesome natural ingredients and taste like Christmas in a cookie! They are gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free (without candy cane!)
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used almond)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy free if desired)
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and maple syrup.
- Whisk in egg and then add in vanilla and peppermint extract.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- Once fully combined, let sit for 15 minutes for flours to absorb liquid.
- Roll into balls and flatten with hand onto baking sheet.
- Add chocolate chips to top.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until slightly firm to touch.
- Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, melt chocolate and dip one half of cookie into chocolate and then into crushed candy cane pieces. They will contain added sugar if you use candy cane.
- Let set and store at room temperature for up to one week.
- Category: dessert, cookies, gluten free, dairy free
Keywords: cookie week, holiday cookies, gluten free cookies, holiday baking, dairy free, gluten free