Healthy Paleo Pumpkin Pie made with and almond flour crust and natural sugar! This simple pie is quick to make and will be the perfect healthy thanksgiving pie for your table!
- 1 3/4 cup fine almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 room temperature egg
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil melted.
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1 – 15oz can of pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut cream OR top of 1 can of coconut milk (just the hard part that settles at top of can after being refrigerated overnight or for 4 hours. You want it to be hardened or very thick cream) I get mine from Trader Joe’s – they have both the milk and the cream!
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350F. Prepare + grease an 8-inch pie dish.
- For the crust, mix together almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, coconut sugar and coconut oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until completely combined and ball shape forms.
- Form into well greased pie pan.
- Start making the pie filling by adding all ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend together until completely smooth.
- Pour pie filling into the raw crust.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, if edges start to brown, cover them with foil.
- Take out of oven once center has cooked – it is okay to be slightly jiggly, it was set as it cools.
- Let cool completely before serving and if prefer chilled, place in refrigerator.
- Store on counter or in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: gluten-free, dessert, dairy-free
Keywords: healthy pumpkin pie, healthy thanksgiving recipes, healthy pie recipes, pumpkin pie