- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 room temperature egg
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted.
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1 – 15oz can of pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut cream OR top of 1 can of coconut milk (just the hard part that settles at top of can after being refrigerated overnight or for 4 hours. You want it to be hardened or very thick cream)
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350F. Prepare + grease an 8-inch pie dish* see note for larger pie dish.*
- For the crust, mix together almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, coconut sugar and coconut oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until completely combined and ball shape forms.
- Form into well greased pie pan.
- Start making the pie filling by adding all ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend together until completely smooth.
- Pour pie filling into the raw crust.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, if edges start to brown, cover them with foil.
- Take out of oven once center has cooked – it will set more as it cools.
- Let cool completely before serving (I do this in the fridge so it firms up).
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
* If using larger than an 8 inch dish, I recommend 1.5x the recipe. Not necessary but will fill out the dish more and give more crust.