- 1lb of fresh strawberries (one carton)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (can use honey or maple syrup)
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- One can coconut cream or coconut milk that has sat in fridge overnight (visit this post for instructions and suggestions on best brands that actually whip)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- store bought coconut whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and cut strawberries in to small chunks or slices.
- Sprinkle with coconut sugar, stir, and set aside for now.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, honey, and lemon juice.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir till combined.
- Form 1/3 cup dough into patties, almost like a hamburger, and place on baking sheet, flattening slightly.
- Bake in oven for 15-17 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- While baking, prepare coconut whipped cream.
- Using a cold bowl and a hand whisker, whip chilled coconut cream with honey and vanilla for about one minute until fluffy.
- Cut your biscuits in half, layer with coconut whipped cream and strawberries, and then repeat these steps on top with the other half of the biscuit!
- Top with powdered sugar if desired.
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
Category: gluten-free, paleo, dessert