An easy recipe for Paleo Strawberry Shortcake made from gluten free pound cake like almond flour biscuits, fresh strawberries, and homemade coconut whipped cream. You won’t believe this dessert is healthy!
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and cut strawberries in to small chunks or slices.
- Sprinkle with coconut sugar, stir, and set aside for now.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, honey, and lemon juice.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir till combined.
- Form 1/3 cup dough into patties, almost like a hamburger, and place on baking sheet, flattening slightly.
- Bake in oven for 15-17 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- While baking, prepare coconut whipped cream.
- Using a cold bowl and a hand whisker, whip chilled coconut cream with honey and vanilla for about one minute until fluffy.
- Cut your biscuits in half, layer with coconut whipped cream and strawberries, and then repeat these steps on top with the other half of the biscuit!
- Top with powdered sugar if desired.
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: gluten-free, paleo, dessert
Keywords: gluten-free, paleo, dessert, strawberry shortcake, summer fruit