Paleo Thumbprint Cookies with Jam are a healthy twist on this classic cookie. Made with minimal ingredients, no refined sugar, are gluten free and dairy free, your whole family is sure to love them.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup berries (raspberry used here)
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, salt, and baking soda,
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
- Add wet into dry and stir till combined. Place in fridge while making jam.
- On the stove, heat berries on low.
- Add in maple syrup and chia seeds, stirring until blueberries have burst.
- Mash together with fork.
- Turn off burner and let “gel”
- While jam is thickening, roll dough into balls
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and push thumbprint into middle.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Use back of wooden spoon to push down center to create a dent if puffed up, then let cool.
- Once cool, put about 1 tsp of jam into each cookie and enjoy!
- Category: Cookies, Dessert