- 1.5 cups walnuts
- 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for at least five minutes
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- pinch of salt
- 1–2 tbsp water, as needed
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
- In a food processor, blend together walnuts and dates until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add in cocoa powder, peppermint extract, and salt. Blend.
- Add in 1-2 tbsp of water as needed. A ball of dough may form in your food processor.
- Roll into balls and freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate and crush your candy canes while bites are freezing.
- Dip each bite into melted chocolate, or drizzle it on, and top with crushed candy canes.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
Category: gluten-free, holidayMethod: no-bakeCuisine: american