- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced finely
- 1lb ground beef
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 28oz cans crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup water (or more depending on how thin you want your sauce)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat a large pan with olive oil over medium high heat. Add in diced onion and carrots, and cook for a few minutes until they soften.
- Add in ground beef and break up/cook until slightly pink, add in garlic and let cook another minute.
- Add in oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Then add in the tomatoes and tomato paste and stir.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar, red wine, water and parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let simmer for at least 60 minutes, or 2-3 hours if you have the time. Enjoy!
Category: dinner, lunch, meal-prep, gluten-freeMethod: stovetopCuisine: Italian