An easy dinner recipe for sesame ginger tempeh stir fry, with steps on how to cook it, what it is, and access to my other favorite tempeh recipes like bbq, tacos, and spicy peanut!
- 1 8oz block tempeh
- 1 cup each carrot sticks and green beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce/coconut aminos for lower sodium+paleo
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- sesame seeds, green onion, white rice for serving (optional)
- Slice tempeh into cubes, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp olive oil and add tempeh once hot.
- Cook tempeh about 6 minutes, flipping occasionally until slightly browned on each side.
- While cooking, prepare sauce.
- Whisk ginger, garlic, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and maple syrup together in a bowl.
- Add in half the sauce to the pan with the tempeh until coated.
- Remove tempeh from pan and place in bowl.
- Add veggies and remaining sauce to pan and cook for about 5 minutes, or until veggies have started to soften. You can stir throughout this time for even cooking.
- Add tempeh back into pan and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until veggies are all cooked through.
- Serve with white basmati rice or starch of choice!
- Category: dinner, entree
Keywords: tempeh, stir fry, dinner, entree, easy dinner