- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 stick butter, softened but not melted
- 1/2 stick (4oz) light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup low sugar strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food process or by hand with fork, blend together all of the dough ingredients. Pulse 6-8 times or until combined but not over beat. Some fine chunks of butter are wanted.
- Divide dough into two balls and refrigerate for at least 90 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll one dough ball out into a circle, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Add half of the amount of filling toppings to the dough, starting with jam, then sprinkling coconut sugar, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Cut into 8-10 different triangles, like you were cutting a pizza.
- Starting at the base (or thicker part) roll up into rugelach shape, similar to crescent rolls. Place onto baking sheet.
- Repeat the whole process with other dough and then brush each cookie with egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Some of the filling may come out the sides, that is totally okay, just wipe away or gently push back in.