- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I used crushed Simple Mills almond flour crackers)
- 1/4 cup finely diced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all turkey meatball ingredients with hands. Roll into balls and place on baking sheet. Meatballs don’t shrink too much, so make them the approx. size you want. Mine made 28.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165F.
- Some fat may spill out (white) but just trim it off/wipe it away from the meatballs.
- While baking, heat all sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Let bubble and reduce heat to medium, whisking often. Let simmer for at least 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened. It will continue to thicken as it sits.
- Cover meatballs with sauce, you can pour it directly on or you can brush it on.
- Serve immediately. Store in fridge.