Desserts made with tahini are my love language, especially this four ingredient tahini freezer fudge that is gluten free, dairy free, and vegan. Slice a piece off for afternoon snack or dessert and you won’t believe how easy this healthy treat is. Sweetened with only dates and ready in five minutes.
- I personally like to soak my dates ahead of time so that they are really soft when going into the food processor, but you don’t have to. If you choose to do so, soak them in a bowl of hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Add soaked dates to a food processor and blend alone.
- Once smooth, add in the tahini, almond flour, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Blend it up until well combined and smooth, there should not be any big chunks of dates.
- **Note that you can stop here and place it all into a pan and freeze if you don’t want the chocolate swirl!
- Take out half of the dough and add the cocoa powder to the other half in the processor.
- Blend again until you have evenly dispersed cocoa. You may need to add a splash or two of water here if it is looking dry.
- Press each dough onto 2 separate baking sheets lined with wax paper. Place another sheet of wax paper on each of the dough, as well.
- I used a rolling pin and wax paper on both sides to get nice and flat.
- Freeze them separately.
- After in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, fold away the wax paper and place the two sheets of fudge on top of each other.
- From one side, roll them together tightly.
- Keeping it tight the entire way, keep rolling until you reach the end. It should be a log now.
- Sprinkle the log with sea salt.
- Place in freezer for at least one hour before slicing.
Keywords: gluten free desserts, healthy desserts, freezer fudge, healthy fudge, paleo dessert