- 10oz rice noodles, cooked according to package.
- 2lb ground chicken
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 8 cloves garlic, minced (divided)
- 1/2 large bunch cilantro, chopped small
- 4 scallions, chopped small
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (divided)
- 4 tbsp avocado or olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced small
- 8oz shiitake mushrooms
- pinch of salt
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 15oz cans coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of one lime
- 6oz fresh spinach
- Cook rice noodles according to package, drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground chicken, ginger, 5 cloves of minced garlic, cilantro, scallions, and soy sauce. Roll into 20 meatballs.
- Heat a dutch oven or large soup pout over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp oil. Once hot, brown meatballs 4 minutes on each side. Use a spatula or tongs to flip. It’s okay if some scraps stick to the bottom.
- Repeat with all 20 meatballs and then transfer to a plate. Scrape any brown bits off the bottom and add to the cooked meatball plate. Wipe down/wash dutch oven clean of any burnt bits.
- Heat pan over medium high heat and add remaining 2 tbsp oil. Then add onion, mushrooms, pinch of salt, and garlic. Let cook 2-3 minutes until mushrooms have softened.
- Add in chicken broth, coconut milk, remaining 1 tbsp soy sauce and honey. Bring to simmer. Once simmering, add noodles and meatballs to broth. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the juice of one lime and spinach. Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Top with cilantro and scallions if desired!
Category: soup, dinner, lunch, noodlesMethod: stovetopCuisine: ThaiDiet: Gluten Free