This Thai Noodle Salad recipe is a healthy vegetarian lunch recipe to take to work! It can be eaten cold, is made with a creamy walnut butter sauce, and can be served with chicken or other protein for more staying power!
For the salad:
- 6 oz dry noodles (soba, ramen, rice)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup walnut butter (see notes for instruction)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp honey
- Cook noodles according to package, rinse and set aside.
- Prepare sauce by whisking all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add noodles, sliced veggies, cilantro, and toasted walnuts to another large bowl.
- Pour sauce on top of noodle and veggie bowl and toss till fully coated.
- Add sesame seeds on top if desired!
- Serve cold.
For walnut butter: blend toasted walnuts in a food processor until creamy. This process can take upwards of 10 minutes to get very creamy walnut butter.
- Category: dinner, vegetarian
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: thai
Keywords: thai noodle salad, noodle salad, thai salad, cold salad, walnut salad