- One block firm tofu, pressed + dried for 10 minutes.
- 1 small lemon, juiced – about 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic or 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp – 1/4 cup olive oil depending on desired consistency.
- Press tofu either in a tofu press or by sandwiching between two paper towels and putting a stack of heavy books or pot on top. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Crumble up tofu into blocks into food processor and blend until small crumbles.
- Add in lemon juice, yeast, basil, garlic, shallot, salt, pepper, oregano and blend again.
- Scrape sides down and then blend again.
- Slowly add in olive oil while blending until reach desired consistency.
- Serve over pasta, chilled as a dip, or on toast!
- Store in fridge for up to one week.
Category: vegan, dairy-free, gluten free