This delicious vegan tempeh tacos is an easy and healthy recipe that will spice up your next Mexican taco night! I’ll show you how to cook the best tempeh tacos that both meat eaters and vegans will love! Top with avocado, rice, black beans, and salsa!
- 1 8oz block tempeh
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (or more if you like it really spicy!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- Crumble tempeh to resemble ground beef consistency (see photos above)
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil.
- Add diced red onion and let saute for about 3 minutes or until slightly translucent.
- Add in tempeh and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix spices in a small bowl.
- Add spices and 1/3 cup water to saute pan with tempeh and stir till evenly coated.
- Let heat through and simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until most water has evaporated.
Store taco meat in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: vegan, vegetarian, entree, dinner
Keywords: vegan, tempeh, dinner, entree, gluten free, tacos