- 1 8oz block tempeh
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (or more if you like it really spicy!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- Crumble tempeh to resemble ground beef consistency (see photos above)
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil.
- Add diced red onion and let saute for about 3 minutes or until slightly translucent.
- Add in tempeh and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix spices in a small bowl.
- Add spices and 1/3 cup water to saute pan with tempeh and stir till evenly coated.
- Let heat through and simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until most water has evaporated.
Store taco meat in fridge for up to 5 days.